Chocolate Scented Whipped Body Butter:
- 1/4 cup of cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the cocoa butter using a double boiler, adding the shea butter half way through OR by using a microwave, heating the cocoa butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second intervals, mixing in between each
- Melt the shea butter in the cocoa butter and add the coconut oil after the Shea has melted completely
- Let the butter to sit at room temperature until slightly solidified, or leave in the fridge for up to 10 minutes
- Using an electric beater, blend the butter until peaks form, do not over mix until solid like or the butter will be harder to melt onto skin
- Use post shower for best results, the butter melts onto skin easier and is absorbed into the skin faster that way
DIY Body Butter for Sensitive Skin
This recipe has the least amount of scent and it is ideal for sensitive skin in need of hydration. If you do not have access to mango butter, just double the amount of shea butter to make up for it.
2 tbsp of Unflavoured coconut oil
1/4 cup of shea butter
1/4 cup of mango butter
- Melt the mango butter and shea butter using a double boiler, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut oil and combine.
- Leave in the fridge to firm up slightly but not completely.
- Whip up the butter using a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Store in jars and refrigerate for an hour, or if you live in a colder climate, leave at room temperature.
- After the hour has passed you may use the butter.
- For best results use after shower for fastest absorption.